In April 2019, BCHR launched the Cultural Safety Task Force, comprising staff representatives from:
- BC College of Nurses and Midwives
- College of Dental Hygienists of BC
- College of Occupational Therapists of BC
- College of Pharmacists of BC
The task force is coordinating ways to support all regulatory colleges in fulfilling their commitment to the BCHR “Declaration of Commitment – Cultural Safety and Humility in the Regulation of Health Professionals Serving First Nations and Aboriginal People in British Columbia”.
The publications linked below reflect some of the work completed by the task force.
- Three years in: A report on the achievements since signing the Declaration of Commitment to Cultural Safety and Humility (June 2020)
- One year in: A report on the achievements following the signing of the Declaration of Commitment to Cultural Safety and Humility (March 2018)
- Cultural Safety Task Force report on the 2020 Gathering Wisdom Forum