The latest information about BCHR activities, news items from health regulatory colleges, and updates on the evolving system of health profession regulation in British Columbia.
- Addressing Racism investigation launches new survey for health care workers July 31, 2020 An online survey has been launched inviting BC health care workers to share their experiences of discrimination in health care services. Read more
- Pride 2020 opportunity to reflect on health professionals’ duty to ensure safe, effective care July 24, 2020 An article from the College of Pharmacists of BC explores the challenges faced by the 2SLGBTQ+ community within the health system and how health professionals can ensure more equitable access to safe, effective care. Read more
- New resource will provide valuable public input for BC’s health regulatory colleges July 24, 2020 The BC Public Advisory Network (BC-PAN) is a new resource for BC health regulatory colleges, enabling them to seek meaningful public engagement on important issues related to health regulation. Read more
- Health care professionals encouraged to contribute to investigation into Indigenous-specific racism July 10, 2020 Mary Ellen Turpel-Lafond provided details about her investigation into Indigenous-specific racism in BC’s health care system on July 9, noting that the participation of health care professionals is a critical component. Read more
- Regulated health professionals have duty to report racist behaviour in the health care system June 29, 2020 Registrants have a duty to report a registrant if, on reasonable and probable grounds, they believe that the continued practice of a designated health profession by the other person might constitute a danger to the public. Read more
- National Indigenous Peoples Day June 21, 2020 June 21 marks the annual National Indigenous Peoples Day in Canada. On this day, and throughout June, BC’s health professionals are asked to celebrate and reflect on the culture, heritage, and contributions of Canada’s First Nations, Inuit, and Métis communities. Read more
- BC Health Regulators support full investigation into allegations of racism within BC’s emergency rooms June 19, 2020 BC’s Health Regulators were disturbed to learn of allegations of a racist “game” played in BC emergency rooms. BCHR supports a full investigation into these allegations of racism in the health care system. Read more
- Two amalgamations set for BC health regulatory colleges June 19, 2020 Work is well underway on two separate amalgamations that will create a new BC College of Nurses and Midwives and transition the province’s podiatric surgeons into the College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC. Read more
- Supporting the movement to end racism and discrimination and striving to do better June 11, 2020 BC Health Regulators, representing all health regulatory colleges in BC, supports the global movement to end racism and discrimination against Black and Indigenous communities and all people of colour. Read more
- BCHR’s coordinated and consistent response to COVID-19 June 1, 2020 When the COVID-19 pandemic emerged as a global health emergency in early 2020, BC Health Regulators took action, developing and implementing a coordinated and consistent response. Read more
BCHR manages a number of educational events to increase regulation-related knowledge and skills among the staffs and boards of health regulatory colleges.
There are no events scheduled at this time.