The latest information about BCHR activities, news items from health regulatory colleges, and updates on the evolving system of health profession regulation in British Columbia.
- BCHR Statement on COVID-19 Misinformation September 9, 2021 BCHR and our member colleges share serious concerns about how the spread of misinformation by some regulated health professionals about COVID-19 and vaccination may jeopardize the safety of patients and the public. Read more
- BCHR is developing an Indigenous Cultural Safety and Humility Education Toolkit July 13, 2021 This new resource will help member colleges to develop and implement a mandatory Indigenous Cultural Safety and Humility (ICS&H) education framework for regulated health professionals. Read more
- Important to register with Get Vaccinated to complete COVID-19 immunization May 25, 2021 Everyone eligible for immunization needs to register with provincial Get Vaccinated system to ensure they receive both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine, including registrants who received their first dose via health authority invitation. Read more
- Racism in health care: an apology to Indigenous people and a pledge to be anti-racist May 12, 2021 A message from the leaders of BC's four largest health regulatory colleges offers an apology to the Indigenous people and communities who have experienced racism while engaging with the colleges or registrants. Read more
- BCHR annual report reflects year of new challenges for health regulators March 15, 2021 In 2020-21, BCHR served as a hub and resource to member colleges as they navigated new waters, including the response to COVID-19. Read more
- Black History Month opportunity to learn more about and celebrate Black Canadians February 5, 2021 College of Pharmacists of BC article highlights the importance of taking a shared, collective stand against racism. Read more
- BCHR welcomes report from investigation into Indigenous-specific racism November 30, 2020 BCHR is committed to working with the Ministry of Health and other partners to consider the recommendations and take action to support changes in the health care system. Read more
- BCHR supports government response to systemic racism in health October 14, 2020 As health regulators with a duty to protect patients, we seek to learn more about the nature and extent of racist behaviour directed at Indigenous peoples in our health system. Read more
- Newly completed amalgamations reduce number of BC’s health regulatory colleges from 21 to 19 September 2, 2020 These changes are in line with the Ministry of Health’s focus on modernizing the health regulation system and reducing the number of colleges overall. Read more
- Dental colleges collaborate to develop a single oral health regulatory college September 2, 2020 A new College of Oral Health Professionals will oversee all six of BC’s regulated oral health professions, currently served by four colleges. Read more
BCHR manages a number of educational events to increase regulation-related knowledge and skills among the staffs and boards of health regulatory colleges.
There are no events scheduled at this time.