The latest information about BCHR activities, news items from health regulatory colleges, and updates on the evolving system of health profession regulation in British Columbia.
- Racism in Health Care: An Apology to Indigenous People and a Pledge to Be Anti-Racist May 12, 2021 Regulatory colleges offer an apology to the Indigenous people and communities who have experienced racism while engaging with the colleges or registrants. Read more
- BCHR annual report reflects year of new challenges for health regulators March 15, 2021 In 2020-21, BCHR served as a hub and resource to member colleges as they navigated new waters, including the response to COVID-19. Read more
- Black History Month opportunity to learn more about and celebrate Black Canadians February 5, 2021 College of Pharmacists of BC article highlights the importance of taking a shared, collective stand against racism. Read more
- BCHR welcomes report from investigation into Indigenous-specific racism November 30, 2020 BCHR is committed to working with the Ministry of Health and other partners to consider the recommendations and take action to support changes in the health care system. Read more
- BCHR supports government response to systemic racism in health October 14, 2020 As health regulators with a duty to protect patients, we seek to learn more about the nature and extent of racist behaviour directed at Indigenous peoples in our health system. Read more
- Newly completed amalgamations reduce number of BC’s health regulatory colleges from 21 to 19 September 2, 2020 These changes are in line with the Ministry of Health’s focus on modernizing the health regulation system and reducing the number of colleges overall. Read more
- Dental colleges collaborate to develop a single oral health regulatory college September 2, 2020 A new College of Oral Health Professionals will oversee all six of BC’s regulated oral health professions, currently served by four colleges. Read more
- Provincial government releases final recommendations for health profession regulation August 27, 2020 The recommendations are part of a new report focused on modernizing BC’s health profession regulatory framework, impacting all health profession regulatory colleges. Read more
- BC Court of Appeal decision significant for regulated health professionals’ use of reserved titles August 11, 2020 The BC Court of Appeal has ruled that Pashta MaryMoon cannot use the title “death midwife” to describe her services. This decision is significant for all BCHR colleges. Read more
- Addressing Racism investigation launches new survey for health care workers July 31, 2020 An online survey has been launched inviting BC health care workers to share their experiences of discrimination in health care services. Read more
BCHR manages a number of educational events to increase regulation-related knowledge and skills among the staffs and boards of health regulatory colleges.
There are no events scheduled at this time.