The latest information about BCHR activities, news items from health regulatory colleges, and updates on the evolving system of health profession regulation in British Columbia.
- Provincial government passes new health legislation November 28, 2022 Bill 36 – 2022: Health Professions and Occupations Act has completed the legislative process to become an Act. Read more
- Regulatory colleges adopt Indigenous Cultural Safety, Humility and Anti-Racism Practice Standard for health professionals November 3, 2022 More than 28,000 B.C. health professionals can now reference clear expectations to eliminate Indigenous-specific racism and foster culturally safe care in their practice in a new Indigenous Cultural Safety, Humility and Anti-racism Standard of Practice, thanks to a joint initiative between 11 BC health profession regulatory colleges. Read more
- PHO provides updates on COVID-19 orders affecting regulated health professionals September 21, 2022 The BC Provincial Health Officer has advised that she has decided to continue not requiring health care professionals in private practice to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Read more
- Dental colleges amalgamate to create the BC College of Oral Health Professionals September 12, 2022 As of September 1, 2022, the BC College of Oral Health Professionals (BCCOHP) is now serving as the regulator for 16,000 oral health professionals in BC, including certified dental assistants, dental hygienists, dental therapists, dental technicians, dentists and denturists. Read more
- PHO posts letter on IPC guidance for health professionals April 20, 2022 British Columbia’s Provincial Health Officer (PHO) has now publicly posted Mask Use and Infection Prevention & Control Guidance for Health Professionals. Read more
- New public health order requires all health profession regulatory colleges to record vaccination status of registrants March 8, 2022 A new Order of the Provincial Health Officer (PHO) has been issued “to prevent or reduce the risk of the transmission of infection with SARS-CoV-2 by health professionals.” Read more
- Black History Month Provides Opportunities for Learning About Black Canadians and Anti-Racism February 11, 2022 BCHR recognizes Black History Month in Canada, which honours and celebrates the achievements and contributions that Black people have made and continue to make within Canadian history, culture, and society. Read more
- New PHO order expands COVID-19 vaccination mandate for health professionals October 19, 2021 The order provides detail about vaccination and reporting requirements for health professionals who are impacted. To continue working, individuals must have had at least their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine by October 26. Read more
- BCHR observes National Day for Truth and Reconciliation September 21, 2021 September 30, 2021 will mark Canada’s first National Day for Truth and Reconciliation “to commemorate the history and ongoing trauma caused by residential schools and to honour those who were lost and the survivors, families and communities who continue to grieve.” Read more
- We’re seeking members for a new BCHR Indigenous Student Advisory Group September 19, 2021 If you are an Indigenous student interested in working towards creating more culturally safe experiences and supportive health care environments for Indigenous Peoples, we welcome your interest. Read more
BCHR manages a number of educational events to increase regulation-related knowledge and skills among the staffs and boards of health regulatory colleges.
There are no events scheduled at this time.