The latest information about BCHR activities, news items from health regulatory colleges, and updates on the evolving system of health profession regulation in British Columbia.
- New PHO order expands COVID-19 vaccination mandate for health professionals October 19, 2021 The order provides detail about vaccination and reporting requirements for health professionals who are impacted. To continue working, individuals must have had at least their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine by October 26. Read more
- BCHR observes National Day for Truth and Reconciliation September 21, 2021 September 30, 2021 will mark Canada’s first National Day for Truth and Reconciliation “to commemorate the history and ongoing trauma caused by residential schools and to honour those who were lost and the survivors, families and communities who continue to grieve.” Read more
- We’re seeking members for a new BCHR Indigenous Student Advisory Group September 19, 2021 If you are an Indigenous student interested in working towards creating more culturally safe experiences and supportive health care environments for Indigenous Peoples, we welcome your interest. Read more
- BCHR Statement on COVID-19 Misinformation September 9, 2021 BCHR and our member colleges share serious concerns about how the spread of misinformation by some regulated health professionals about COVID-19 and vaccination may jeopardize the safety of patients and the public. Read more
- BCHR is developing an Indigenous Cultural Safety and Humility Education Toolkit July 13, 2021 This new resource will help member colleges to develop and implement a mandatory Indigenous Cultural Safety and Humility (ICS&H) education framework for regulated health professionals. Read more
- Important to register with Get Vaccinated to complete COVID-19 immunization May 25, 2021 Everyone eligible for immunization needs to register with provincial Get Vaccinated system to ensure they receive both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine, including registrants who received their first dose via health authority invitation. Read more
- Racism in health care: an apology to Indigenous people and a pledge to be anti-racist May 12, 2021 A message from the leaders of BC's four largest health regulatory colleges offers an apology to the Indigenous people and communities who have experienced racism while engaging with the colleges or registrants. Read more
- BCHR annual report reflects year of new challenges for health regulators March 15, 2021 In 2020-21, BCHR served as a hub and resource to member colleges as they navigated new waters, including the response to COVID-19. Read more
- Black History Month opportunity to learn more about and celebrate Black Canadians February 5, 2021 College of Pharmacists of BC article highlights the importance of taking a shared, collective stand against racism. Read more
- BCHR welcomes report from investigation into Indigenous-specific racism November 30, 2020 BCHR is committed to working with the Ministry of Health and other partners to consider the recommendations and take action to support changes in the health care system. Read more
BCHR manages a number of educational events to increase regulation-related knowledge and skills among the staffs and boards of health regulatory colleges.
There are no events scheduled at this time.